Well, good morning all. Thanx for stopping in. My goal is to post some great cookie recipes & share them with everyone. And in turn share some of ur recipes with others. I am ALWAYS open to comments & new ideas. As they say to make our job just a little easier in the kitchen.
So here is my first recipe. We just love all kinds of Pizzelles.
Wet Ingredients: Yields: 46 Cookies
- 3 eggs (room temp)
- 3/4 cup white sugar, (rest brown to make one cup.
- 1 stick + 3 Tlbs Butter, (Melted & cooled)
- 2 tlbs. Chocolate Extract
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder (DO NOT HERSHEYS SYRUP) (that’s where I made my mistake)
- 1 tlbs. Coffee Granules, ground up OR ( Use Espresso Powder)
- Dash fresh nutmeg
- Dash of Fresh Orange Zest
- 2 Tlbs.. ground pecans
- 1/4 Tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. baking powder (sift together)
- 1 ¼ cup APF
- 1 Tlbs. Potato Starch ( Bob’s Red Mill )
- And the coco powder from above
- Beat the eggs (till frothy) then add the sugar, blend in the melted butter. Then add Extracts, nutmeg, orange zest & ground pecans
- Sift together the DRY ingredients
- Let batter rest for 5 mins or so, to let the flavors marry.
- Heat Pizzelle iron and place 1 teaspoon of batter on each imprint.
- Close iron and bake 30 ~ 45 seconds.
- Cool on racks. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Store in a tin, for several weeks. (If they last that long)