Peanut Butter Oatmeal Choc Chip Cookies
Yields: 72 Bake Temp: 375° for 15 ~ 18 min.
- ½ C. Un-salted butter (rm. temp)
- 1 egg (rm. Temp)
- 1 tsp. vanilla (beat this vanilla into the egg)
- ¾ C. peanut butter
- ½ C. white sugar & ½ C packed brown sugar
- 1 ¾ C. flour
- ¼ C. oatmeal ( please note that I toasted the oatmeal in a toaster oven, for 3 min. to bring out more flavor)
- ½ tea. b-powder, ½ tea b-soda, & ¼ tea. salt or (pinch if using salted butter) I only had salted butter at the time.
- ¼ C. Choc Chips (I had chopped these up a little. (hubby is not crazy for choc) but I AM….YUM ❤
- small dash of nutmeg, (not to much)
Cream butter, p-butter, & sugars till blended. Then add in the in egg.
In separate bowl sift: flour, b-powder, b-soda, & salt.
Then stir into batter.
Toss in the oatmeal & choc chips. ( I would have loved to add some pecans) but that’s another reason; the hubby can’t eat nuts.
Refrigerate for ½ ~ 1 hr.
Roll into walnut size balls OR use a small cookie scoop.
Flatten & crisscross w/sugar.
Bake for 15 ~ 18 min for a crunchy cookie. For a soft chewy cookie bout 10 min.
Store crunchy cookies in a tin, for soft cookies store in plastic container,
(if they even last that long)
If anyone wishes to share this recipe, feel free. Or even add more ingredients…Happy baking 😉